[R6RS] Mailing list

Michael Sperber sperber
Tue Jan 20 14:06:36 EST 2004

RK> That being said, there are a number of non-editors whose
RK> participation would be valuable and who can be trusted to make
RK> positive contributions.  Whether or not they would want R6RS
RK> discussions filling up their inbox is another question.  I would
RK> like the archives, at a minimum, to be available to some select
RK> group of non-editors.

I'd like to remind people that Henry Ceijtin (Richard will correct my
spelling) found many small bugs in R5RS that had been in the report
forever.  None of the authors had spotted them.  So I think review by
some larger public is a very valuable thing.

Let me suggest a compromise:

- Keep the R6RS list closed.  (There needs to be one closed list
  anyway.)

- Publish R6RS drafts at regular intervals, as there was for the
  previous RnRS.  This I actually consider a must.

- Create another, open list, called r6rs-comments or something for
  discussion of the drafts.  Make that publically archived.

  Either make it completely open or require potential subscribers to
  write a little paragraph explaining why they'd like to be on
  r6rs-comments.  We could just accept anyone who writes something
  intelligible; this would function as a low-pass noise filter.