[R6RS] Mailing list

Richard Kelsey kelsey
Tue Jan 20 05:27:51 EST 2004

   Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:03:38 -0500
   From: Marc Feeley <feeley at IRO.UMontreal.CA>

   At this point, only the editors can post to the list and read the
   archive.

This makes me uncomfortable as being too large a break with the
old process.  Unfortunately, I don't know of a workable alternative
to a closed list.  The best thing would be an open, moderated list,
but I am sure that no one has the time to do the moderation.

That being said, there are a number of non-editors whose
participation would be valuable and who can be trusted to make
positive contributions.  Whether or not they would want R6RS
discussions filling up their inbox is another question.  I would
like the archives, at a minimum, to be available to some select
group of non-editors.
                                      -Richard