[R6RS] How SRFI 35 enables communication protocols via conditions

Michael Sperber sperber
Thu Jun 9 02:44:08 EDT 2005

"Manuel Serrano" <Manuel.Serrano at sophia.inria.fr> writes:

>> > Yes. That's exactly what I meant.
>>
>> I see---could you provide a rationale?
> I will try to do that...
>
> 1- We are planning to add aggregate types in Scheme, i.e. records.
> 2- Up to now, the only place, in the R6Rs, where we might use aggregate
>    types is for modeling exceptions (or conditions if you prefer).

R5RS already has aggregate types in the forms of pairs, vectors, and
procedures.  What mechanism a Scheme system uses for representing
conditions should be an implementation issue, not a specification
issue.