[R6RS] How SRFI 35 enables communication protocols via conditions

Manuel Serrano Manuel.Serrano
Thu Jun 9 01:44:14 EDT 2005

> >> If you mean that a condition type should correspond to a record type,
> > Yes. That's exactly what I meant.
>
> I see---could you provide a rationale?
I will try to do that...

1- We are planning to add aggregate types in Scheme, i.e. records.
2- Up to now, the only place, in the R6Rs, where we might use aggregate
   types is for modeling exceptions (or conditions if you prefer).

If it turns out that the "official" aggregate types (records) that we
are up to add are not powerful enough to model exceptions it's because
our design is bad. It can be the design of the aggregate types or the
design of exceptions.

--
Manuel