[R6RS] Implicit naming for record procedures

Michael Sperber sperber
Tue Apr 26 22:10:42 EDT 2005

Just for the record (...), let me add another nice aspect of
explicit-naming record-definition forms:

PLT Scheme has a great "rename foo" item in its context menu which is
sensitive to lexical scoping.  By the magic of SYNTAX-CASE, it Just
Works (tm) with SRFI 9---I can click on a record accessor (or any
other name defined by DEFINE-RECORD-TYPE) and rename it, and the
resulting program is semantically equivalent to the original.

Sure enough, this falls over for record procedures defined by
DEFINE-STRUCT.