[R6RS] Re: Implicit naming for record procedures [was: Internal DEFINE vs. macros]

dyb at cs.indiana.edu dyb
Tue Apr 26 00:16:09 EDT 2005

> Probably.  Moreover, it seems easy to build the implicit-naming
> facility on top of the explicit-naming facility.  It's doable but
> harder and much more annoying to do the reverse.  (I've done that in
> various forms for PLT Scheme.)  I would like to avoid a Common-Lispish
> megalomaniac one-size-fits all form with a zillion options.  (Plus, a
> different name might let me grep specifically for occurrences of "your
> form" :-) )

I'm sure it can be worked into the same facility, and since it's quite
likely that one would want to override only some of the default names,
it seems better to me if one can do that.