[R6RS] Comments from the public

Marc Feeley feeley
Tue Nov 23 14:00:53 EST 2004

Hi.  After the first progress report was posted by Mitch Wand, some
comments from the public were sent to Mitch Wand and Guy Steele.  I'm
forwarding them to the R6RS list so that you can be aware of them.

I told Mitch and Guy that in the future it would be best to direct
the public to the SRFI process if they want the editors to be aware
of a specific proposal.  Do you think we should be more open to
comments?

Marc

Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:37:24 -0400
From: Guy Steele <Guy.Steele at Sun.COM>
Subject: Comments about Scheme from Jonathan Shapiro
To: feeley at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Cc: alan at bawden.org, wand at ccs.neu.edu

Marc,

I received some comments about Scheme from Prof. Jonathan Shapiro
and I am forwarding them to you, with no recommendation pro or con
from me.  I am doing this not in my capacity as a member of the
Scheme Steering Committee, but simply as someone who happens to
know that you are the Editor in Chief and therefore the right person
to whom to forward such comments.

(Sorry to seem so stiff---I'm just trying to be clear for the record.
Keep up the good work.)

--Guy