[R6RS] modules?

Michael Sperber sperber
Sat May 29 09:19:38 EDT 2004

>>>>> "Matthew" == Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> writes:

Matthew> At Sat, 29 May 2004 12:10:01 +0200, Michael Sperber wrote:
>> Probably not.  I think I have in mind that the programmer would really
>> write down a module as
>>
>> export interface
>> + import interfaces
>> + body

Matthew> Ok, so we're back to "what does `module' mean?".

No---for what we're doing now, I want them to mean exactly what you
want them to mean.  (I think.)

>> This would leave the door open to
>> later extend things to handle true components.

Matthew> I don't quite follow. In what way is that above not a component?

In the way that an import interface denotes a uniquely identified
implementation.