[R6RS] Mailing list

Michael Sperber sperber
Wed Jan 21 18:15:28 EST 2004

Marc> It is not clear to me what the purpose of this second list is...  Is
Marc> it for the public to send us comments and proposals?

It's for the public to comment and post proposals period.  I'd omit
the explicit "us."

Marc> Does that imply that we have to read it (and also respond to the
Marc> messages)?

No.  But it may contain valuable information.

Marc> I don't really see how this is any better than allowing everyone
Marc> that has a valid reason on the R6RS list

Well, it does allow one to separate easily between "must-read" posts
and "may-read" posts, which was my objective in formulating this.

(However, doing what you suggest above would also be fine with me.  I
just wanted to provide an alternative.)