[R6RS] Library bindings vs. call/cc

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jan 10 12:08:13 EST 2007

Just clearing up some confusion:

minutes.20060822 says this:

5. semantics of library-body call/cc (5 minutes)
    exported bindings are immutable after the initializing assignment
        definitions of non-exported variables may be executed more
        than once

The report draft currently says:

> A fresh location is created for each exported variable and initialized
> to the value of its local counterpart.

Here's what I think this might mean:

- Internal references to local variables refer to the "local
  counterpart".

- The exported variables are initialized after all the rhs expressions
  have been evaluated.

I don't quite know what this means for throwing back to a continuation
of a rhs.  Will this throw an exception?  (I remember we talked about
this, but not the specifics.)  Are the local counterparts also
immutable?