[R6RS] safe and unsafe; declarations

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Mar 3 12:34:03 EST 2006

I have a question about the intended meaning of this:

William D Clinger <will at ccs.neu.edu> writes:

> At priority 0, an implementation is allowed to use exception
> handlers that ignore even required exceptions and continue
> the computation with an incorrect result, or to use handlers
> that terminate the computation in an unpleasant fashion.

Does this mean that an implementation is free to do this for all
situations where R6RS describes that an exception must be raised, or
will the text something along the lines of "at safety priority 0, all
bets are off" for specific situations, and all places that don't have
it will still be required to raise exceptions?