[R6RS] Case-sensitivity

Matthew Flatt mflatt at cs.utah.edu
Sun Feb 19 08:37:09 EST 2006

No way! Not right now.

I think your point is to firmly establish what we already know from
previous polls, which is that most people prefer case-sensitivity. And
I agree that a poll is the right answer to this design point, because
either choice is technically fine.

But think about the message this sends to the community: the editors
are so dysfunctional that they're *still* debating case-sensitivity.

An definitive poll could have come at the beginning of the process, but
it's too late. At this point, we should wait until we've produced
results.

In other words, I think our draft of the report should justify
case-sensitivity by its popularity, but with a footnote: "we'll take a
definitive poll before the final version of the report".

Matthew