[R6RS] Renaming write-...

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Tue Aug 1 04:47:00 EDT 2006

I think Kent wanted peek-char in the proposed I/O convenience library,
but it's also in the Port I/O library.  Any suggestions about
disambiguating its name?

Alternatively, peek-char could be exported from both libraries, except
that the port argument would be optional in the convenience version.
I'm not sure that's a problem - the semantics of the two procedures are
otherwise the same.

(BTW, it occurred to me that if it weren't for write-char, whose
signature is (write-char char port), we could simply export all three
conflicting procedures from both libraries, thus avoiding having to
rename all the read-... and write-... procedures in the Port I/O
library.  Not sure what would be done about write-char, though.)