[R6RS] draft Unicode SRFI

Matthew Flatt mflatt
Wed Jun 29 12:48:16 EDT 2005

A week late (despite the fact that Marc put half of it together for me),
but here's a draft.

As expected, I think:

 * I added the \<eol><whitespaces> and \<space> string escapes, as
  discussed on this list.

 * Marc's here-string and quoted symbols are in.

 * For locales, there's `with-locale' and `current-locale'.

To discuss:

 * I left octal escapes for strings intact for compatibility for C.
   (Also, I actually use them --- perhaps from spending too much time
   with UTF-8 encoding.) There's no octal for characters, though.

 * I added an extension for symbols that allows any non-whitespace
   character above 127 where a <letter> is allowed. Is this too
   liberal? Also, should we try to allow `->' as a symbol at this
   point?

 * Should the locale-specific operations be defined further?

 * What's unclear, and what did I miss?

Matthew