[R6RS] Re: Why there are two syntactic layers

Michael Sperber sperber
Tue Jun 28 09:44:47 EDT 2005

dyb at cs.indiana.edu writes:

> (I assume his decision to put init! into the featureful layer only
> played into his choice of layer names, but I see init! as a minor
> issue.)

I'm not sure I understand the sentence, but I'd be fine with moving
INIT! into level 0---it's actually a tiny wrinkle in the layering,
because it changes the notion of what the constructor procedure is
between layers, rather than just extend it.

(Of course, I also like your explanation of the general rationale
better than mine.)