[R6RS] How SRFI 35 enables communication protocols via conditions

Manuel Serrano Manuel.Serrano
Wed Jun 8 07:45:50 EDT 2005

> Both mechanisms are necessary, because it is not uncommon for several
> condition types not directly related via subtyping to apply to a given
> exceptional situation.  Two examples:
>
> - File I/O errors that are also networking errors.
> - Errors that are also or may be bugs.
I have never faced situations where I had to compose exceptions (I don't
pretend that these do not exist) so I'm not absolutely convinced that this
is mandatory.

We are going to add records to R6Rs, I think that exceptions must be
related to these. More precisely, I think that it is desirable to
have exceptions specified in terms of records.

--
Manuel