[R6RS] draft Unicode SRFI

Matthew Flatt mflatt
Fri Jul 8 10:34:20 EDT 2005

At Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:45:05 -0400, Marc Feeley wrote:
> > Undone. :(  I forgot to deal with the reference-implementation
> > section.
>
> Don't put too much time into this.  A lot of what's specified has to
> be primitive (how can you define char->integer portably?  I don't
> think we should implement "read"... etc).

My original thought was that a reference implementation would be most
useful for character predicates (e.g., `char-whitespace?'). The
Scheme48 implementation is probably a good source for this,, but I
haven't had time to investigate. For now, I'll just note that MzScheme
and Scheme48 implement the predicates.

Meanwhile, I've created a readtable-based implementation of the reader
that runs in recent versions of MzScheme. It's not at all portable, but
it gives me some confidence in the spec, and it's at least something
that others can compare to.

I'll clean it the reader implementation today and submit the SRFI.

Matthew