[R6RS] draft Unicode SRFI

dyb at cs.indiana.edu dyb
Mon Jul 4 00:29:10 EDT 2005

> Kent: does your objection to this restriction still
> stand given the inclusion of here strings that allow <eol> in the
> content?

Yes.  I think many people, like me, will find here strings inelegant
and will want to use ordinary strings whenever possible.  How about this
instead: \<intraline-whitespace><newline><intraline-whitespace> is treated
as an empty sequence of characters, the ordinary treatment of \<space>
notwithstanding.  If we treat <return> as <intraline-whitespace> this
also covers \<return><newline>, which may be an even more common problem.