[R6RS] Module system [was: categorization of goals]

Marc Feeley feeley
Sun Mar 28 08:15:53 EST 2004

> >> EXTENSIONS to R5RS (controversial or difficult but necessary)
> >>
> >> - module system
>
> Matthew> Very strongly in favor. (To me, other topics are a waste of time until
> Matthew> this one is settled.)
>
> Seconded.  Can we please start work, beginning with Matthew's
> proposal?

I also think modules should be the first technical issue we discuss.
However, we need to have everyone send in their position on the list
of issues (currently I have those sent in by Michael, Will, Matthew
and Kent).  Once I have all of the positions I will put together a
single list that summarizes the position of each editor.  I'm hoping
this can be finished in the next few days.

In the meantime I suggest that we all read the module proposal Matthew
sent in a while ago to be able to discuss it soon (Subject: "strawman
module syntax", Date: 22 Jan).  If there are other proposals, this
would be a good time to post them or at least let everyone know that
some other proposal is in the works.  Alternate proposals or
modifications to Matthew's proposal can of course be proposed during
the discussion period.

Marc