[R6RS] "Reflection" terminology

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Sun Aug 13 05:02:44 EDT 2006

Jonathan Rees pointed out to me the following (and I agree with him):

What we list under "record reflection" isn't really reflection at all.
As rtd's are already in the "regular" procedural level, there's isn't
anything metalevel we're moving to or from the object level.  If
anything, the procedures only provide reification, with reflection
happening via `make-record-type-descriptor'.  Consequently, I'd like
to change the term to "inspection."  Objections?