[R6RS] syntax-case

Michael Sperber sperber
Tue Apr 12 05:00:59 EDT 2005

>>>>> "Manuel" == Manuel Serrano <Manuel.Serrano at sophia.inria.fr> writes:

Manuel> Before pursuing with the pattern matching and macros effort, I would like
Manuel> to hear some opinions. Do you think that we should try to find a unified
Manuel> mechanism for pattern matching and macro expansion or should we live with
Manuel> SYNTAX-CASE and, may be, another pattern matching construction. If everyone
Manuel> here thinks that the current SYNTAX-CASE pattern matching is fine, I would
Manuel> prefer to same my energy for something else.

I would personally like to see a unified mechanism, but I have to
admit that I'm skeptical it can be done in a fashion we all agree on.
Like you, I think it's really important that we get rid of the
ambiguities in the macro system.

I still lack a good sense of what your proposal will be like---it's
not what's described in the Bigloo manual at

http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa/fp/Bigloo/doc/bigloo-7.html#Pattern-Matching

right?  Or am I confused about the syntax in the pattern language
syntax and the examples?  (What does "... ..." mean there, for
example?)

I don't know how much work it is for you---I'd like to see as much of
your proposal as is economical for you to produce until I form an
opinion.