[R6RS] Re: [R6RS-private] Exceptions & stuff

Michael Sperber sperber
Fri Apr 1 10:45:52 EST 2005

Manuel> I have implemented the control part (that is WITH-EXCEPTION-HANDLER and RAISE)
Manuel> of the exceptions (SRFI-18/SRFI-34) in the coming version 2.7a of Bigloo.
Manuel> I like them a lot. However I have some concern with the whole stuff.
Manuel> That is, I don't like very much the hierarchy of exceptions nor the GUARD
Manuel> form. If it is the time now, I'm ready for a discussion on this subject.

Absolutely.

I'm slightly miffed that you dislike GUARD---Richard and I spent hours
searching for a name that wouldn't conflict with Bigloo's TRY back
then :-)