[R6RS] Re: R6RS = Common Scheme?

Michael Sperber sperber
Mon Jan 26 04:02:48 EST 2004

Marc> [...]
Marc> Note that after the implementations change, then these features are in
Marc> the intersection!  In a sense, what I am saying is that with some
Marc> relatively small amount of discussion we can make the major
Marc> implementations of Scheme agree on the syntax and semantics of
Marc> operations they currently have with possibly slightly different syntax
Marc> and semantics (lexical syntax extensions, filesystem operations, etc)
Marc> or that are sufficiently simple and uncontroversial that they can
Marc> easily be added to implementations where these features don't exist.

I guess I'm thoroughly confused.  Would a better word for "common" be
"uncontroversial," then?  How did you arrive at your list?