[R6RS] Convenient syntax for multiple values

Michael Sperber sperber
Fri Dec 10 12:21:32 EST 2004

Manuel> No, please. SRFI forces an additional round of decoding variables arguments
Manuel> and list allocation. May I suggest a Common Lisp (and Dylan) like syntax:

Manuel> (multiple-value-bind (v1 v2 v3 ..)
Manuel>    <sexp>   ;; PRODUCER
Manuel>    <sexp>)  ;; body

Huh?  Could you be more specific?  I see no list allocation in the
definitions of these macros.  (Except when you use a rest list, of
course.)  Specifically, I don't see how the above would need to be
intentionally any different from

(let-values (((v1 v2 v3 ...) proceder))
  body)

On Scheme 48, both expand to beta-equivalent code, for which the compiler
then produces identical code.