[R6RS] proof-reading, part 2

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Mon May 21 08:49:05 EDT 2007

> From the examples and implementation practice (from what I could tell
> looking at MzScheme, Scheme 48 and the reference implementation), it
> seems the intent was clear, however: char-title-case? was intended to be
> the way it is, and the specs for char-titlecase and string-titlecase
> were wrong.

The reference implementation doesn't count, since it
had to follow the specs in the draft R6RS, even though
those specs are conceptually inconsistent.  I suspect
the same is true of Scheme 48, leaving MzScheme as the
source of this brain damage.  I hope you will forgive
my lack of respect for such precedents.