[R6RS] proof-reading, part 2

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Sun May 20 12:26:38 EDT 2007

William D Clinger <will at ccs.neu.edu> writes:

>> > Even more perplexing is the definition of char-title-case? to be true
>> > only of characters in general category Lt; that means, for example,
>> > that (char-title-case? #\A) returns #f.
>> What would be a better definition?  I haven't been able to come up with
>> any alternative meaning.
> Here is one possible definition:
>   (define (char-title-case? c)
>     (and (not (char=? c (char-foldcase c)))
>          (char=? c (char-titlecase c))))

Any reason to prefer this definition over the one used by ICU and Java?

I can't figure out how to make a link from the page from the Java API
docs, but if you go here:

... and then go to class Character, and from there, to isTitleCase, you

public static boolean isTitleCase(int codePoint)

Determines if the specified character (Unicode code point) is a
titlecase character.

A character is a titlecase character if its general category type,
provided by getType(codePoint), is TITLECASE_LETTER.

Cheers =8-} Mike