[R6RS] Library / filesystem mapping

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Sat May 19 11:21:09 EDT 2007

Michael Sperber wrote:
> Anton van Straaten <anton at appsolutions.com> writes:
>

>>1. Should we specify some kind of manifest format, to support
>>machine-readable metadata about a library, such as author name,
>>description, home URL, etc. (and possibly optional properties)?
>

> No.

OK, I'll go along with that unless I hear otherwise from anyone else.

>>2. Should we recommend an archive format for distributing libraries, and
>>if so, what?
>

> There is already a non-normative appendix on this subject.

Yes, but it seems to me that if we're going so far as to specify a file
hierarchy format, then recommending a common way to package that for
portable distribution wouldn't be a bad idea.  You think the UTF-8 text
file is sufficient?

Anton