[R6RS] `eqv?' on immutable records

R. Kent Dybvig dyb at cs.indiana.edu
Tue May 15 12:38:51 EDT 2007

> I don't really understand your underlying position: You want to allow
> the compiler to mess with object identity of quote expressions that are
> distinct in the source program, but not for constants as they get
> implicitly propagated by the compiler?

I don't want to allow the compiler to "mess with" object identity at all.
I want all pairs and vectors to maintain their unique identity whether
they are explicitly allocated by the programmer or implicitly allocated
(for quote expressions) by the compiler.

I see no problem allowing the compiler to use the same pair or vector for
two or more quote expressions, although I wouldn't mind disallowing this
either.