[R6RS] my notes on today's conference call (25 June 2007)
Anton van Straaten
anton at appsolutions.com
Mon Jun 25 14:02:35 EDT 2007
June 25 2007 8:00am-10:00am EDT 812-856-3600, PIN 001386#
Decisions after each agenda item are preceded by three asterisks.
Kent, Mike, Matthew, Anton present by about 8:01am.
0. finalize agenda (1 minute)
1. action items (1 minute)
- draft rationale for floor, ceiling, round accepting infinities (Kent)
- contact Will re: meaningless flonums (Mike)
- contact Will re: third argument of fx+/carry, fx-/carry (Mike)
- complete adoption candidate by 6/30
- complete (or cause completion) of reference implementations by 6/30
Kent: Unicode, bytevector, numeric, enumeration, libraries/expander
Anton: hashtables, lists
2. "raise" semantics for transcoding exceptions
*** Adopt points 3 & 4 from the linked proposal.
3. square-bracket extension
*** Not adopted. Add note about appropriate bracket usage to
4. syntactic simplifications & fixes
*** Add # as delimiter; fix string element[*]; fix delimiter problem.
Mike to do first two; Kent will do the last.
[*] Sorry, didn't get the details on this one - fixing overlapping of
<string element> productions?
5. phase problems with `set!' etc.
*** Impact not significant. Leave as is.
6. simplify versioning syntax
*** No change to version syntax. Change prohibition against multiple
versions of the same library from "must" to "should". Add note to the
non-normative appendix about implementations reporting on such version
conflicts, possibly via a compiler switch.
7. (rnrs ... (6)) names
*** Keep as is, including "rnrs". Drop use of "(6)" on imports in
examples. Add note to non-normative appendix about expected usage of
8. ambiguity in library reference
*** Mike volunteered Kent to write up a proposal. One possibility is to
add a "library" or "lib" keyword, but that is verbose.
9. #!fold-case / #!no-fold-case
*** Switch to stream of tokens approach consistently. Case-folding
regions will then be delimited by a #!fold-case and #!no-fold-case pair.
10. inconsistent library names
*** Adopt proposal as is.
11. revisit arithmetic issues
- meaningless flonums?
- third fx+/carry, fx-/carry argument
*** Use "unspecified" instead of "meaningless", expand on meaning of
this if appropriate, and make terminology consistent. No other changes.
12. remove enum syntax?
*** Treat enumerations differently re indirect exports: exporting
libraries will not export enumerations as identifiers.
Around 9:50am, Matthew dropped off with connection problems, but agreed
to prior decision in email.
Discussed rationale document and proofreading.
Adjourned somewhere around 10am.
More information about the R6RS