[R6RS] incomplete draft of revised i/o

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jan 17 10:57:33 EST 2007

William D Clinger <will at ccs.neu.edu> writes:

> I just checked in a complete draft of the revised i/o system.

Thanks! I've just glanced through it so far.  One comment:

You elided the "descriptor" argument to the custom port creation
procedures.  Is it still possible to implement string ports and other
custom ports, where the custom sink or source needs to be accessed
externally, in a natural way?  (The easiest way I know is to put the
descriptor back in and provide an accessor for it.)

> I still haven't changed bytes objects to bytevectors, though.

Should I do that?