[R6RS] #!r6rs

R. Kent Dybvig dyb at cs.indiana.edu
Sun Jan 7 14:09:57 EST 2007

> Is it really worth having yet another kind of comment?  I.e., is the
> tiny ambiguity #;r6rs (or #|r6rs|#, but I suspect the former is easier
> on the implementors) would carry really worth it?

Yes.  #!r6rs and #!whatever are not comments.  In some systems, #!whatever
for some value of whatever might have some effect on the reading of
subsequent forms, which one would not expect a comment to do.  In other
systems, the same #!whatever might cause a read-time error, which one
would expect a comment not to do.