[R6RS] eqv? coverage

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Apr 23 11:33:43 EDT 2007

As discussed, I'll need to do significant work on the way `eqv?' is
described in the report.  Meanwhile, I have a question:

Do we need to tie down `eqv?' on port transcoders?  It seems a bit
odd, given that a transcoder is conceptually compound.  (I know some
implementations will probably use a machine word to represent a
transcoder, but others will probably use a simple record.)  I see how
an equivalence predicate can be of use to the compiler or library
implementation, but it's less clear to me how it would be useful to a
program, and why it would have to be `eqv?'.