[R6RS] Detecting violations at compile time

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Oct 31 12:30:00 EST 2006

I'd like to draw your attention to the thread currently ending here:

http://lists.r6rs.org/pipermail/r6rs-discuss/2006-October/000542.html

The essence is that I think we decided that the
compiler/expander/whatever may report that evaluation of a certain
expression will raise an exception at run time, but that it is not
allowed to abort the compilation process or otherwise refuse to run
the program.  Our language says that almost, but not quite.  I'd like
to clarify it to this effect.  Any objections?