[R6RS] issue straw poll

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Thu Oct 26 02:57:22 EDT 2006

6  Applicable record instances
    Should we add them?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): N

7  Additional LAZY primitive for delayed evaluation
    Should we add it?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

9  backslash-linefeed
    Should we allow <intraline whitespace> between the \ and <linefeed>
      in \<linefeed><intraline whitespace>?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

10 #;<datum> comments useless
    Should we flush?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): N

11 NaN is not a real number
    Should we make (real? <any NaN>) #f?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): N

12 R6RS library syntax should include a standard format for importing
SRFI libraries
    Should we do this?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

14 <hex scalar value> should allow only 6 digits
    Should we limit to 6 digits?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N):
    Should we eliminate restriction on number of digits?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

17 "An exception might be raised" considered confusing
    Change to "An exception should not be raised"?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

18 String exit codes should be allowed
    Should we allow them?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): Y

22 U+0085 is whitespace
    Should we make U+0085 whitespace?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): Y

25 "forall" and "exists" should use SRFI-1 equivalents
    Should we rename?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

26 Map and for-each should work even if lists are of unequal length
    Should we make this change?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

27 Some generic arithmetic procedures should be put in a library
    Should we do this?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

36 Ambiguous call/cc-behaviour of list operations
    Should we make the benavior unambiguous?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

38 Position-significance of declarations in scripts
    Should we allow them only at the front of a script body?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): Y

39 Script-body differences
    Should we make script bodies like library/lambda bodies?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): N
    Should we make library/lambda bodies like script bodies?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

40 Exactness is orthogonal to type
    Should we eliminate statement that exactness is orthogonal to type?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M
    Should we eliminate sections 16.5 "exact arithmetic" and 16.6
"inexact arithmetic"
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

42 Requirement to detect circular lists
    Should we eliminate this requirement?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

45 last-element behavior of for-each
    Specify return value of for-each to be the unspecified value?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

46 LF should not be the only line separator
    Specify larger set of line separators?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

47 Add (sort) and (vector-sort!) procedures
    Should we add them?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

49 Higher-order procedures should not interfere with exceptions
    Should we prohibit this "interference"?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

51 Conflating programs and scripts
    Add a separate notion of program?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M
    Remove <script header> from scripts?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): N

52 Exact-Integer and Real (and Complex) are more useful distinctions
than Exact and Inexact
    Adopt SRFI-94 and flush 16.5 "exact arithmetic" and 16.6 "inexact
arithmetic"?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): M

58 only 'big' and 'little' as endiannness may not be enough
    Should we add others or allow extensions?
    yes/maybe/no (Y/M/N): Y