[R6RS] Enumerations proposal pre-draft

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue May 23 15:26:01 EDT 2006

We're getting close.

William D Clinger <will at ccs.neu.edu> writes:

>> I would think that <constructor-syntax> will be much more common.
>> Given that there's `enum-set-constructor', I don't think <constructor>
>> is needed in the syntax form.  Given that it's not expected to be the
>> common form, I think a list of symbols would be more appropriate.
>
> Okay.

... but then you went the other way.  Is there a rationale?

Also, is there a rationale why you prefer curried versions of the
various procedures?  (My rationale for preferring the non-curried
versions was that they match what I expect to be common
usage---including basically all of your examples.)

> (define-enumeration color
>   '(black white purple maroon)
>   color-set)

That's