[R6RS] revised^1 exception vote list

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Tue May 16 13:35:55 EDT 2006

Mike wrote:
> OK, I understand where I messed up.  However, I still don't grok what
> "the first Scheme value of a plausible prefix of length n" is.  (Maybe
> my brain misparenthesizes?)

That is a slight abuse of terminology on my part.  A plausible
prefix is a sequence of Scheme values together with a sequence
of times, subject to certain conditions I needn't repeat here.
"The first Scheme value of a plausible prefix of length n..."
would more correctly have been written as

    Suppose x is a plausible prefix of length n.  Then x has
    the form <<x0, ..., xn>, <t1, ..., tn>>.  Its first
    Scheme value x0...

> It might help if you could briefly
> explain what the difference between munitions 22 and 23 are.

Munition 22 has to do with finitely improper lists.
Munition 23 has to do with infinite cyclic lists.
Kent asked me to split the original into separate munitions.