[R6RS] fixnum operators and overflow detection

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Mar 31 13:31:02 EST 2006

William D Clinger <will at ccs.neu.edu> writes:

> Anyway, I'll take this as assent to naming convention of #2
> and #3, and will start to revise the arithmetic SRFI and its
> implementation this weekend.  With luck, I might even finish
> the revision.

Whoops, I see now that I must have been half asleep when I read your
message.  Sorry about that.

Can't we think of some more mnemonic convention, or at least one that
forces people to figure out which is which?  Like wfx+ and rfx+
("wrapping fx+", "(overflow-)raising fx+"?  (I'm quite afraid of fx+
becoming a common-place operation in everyday programs, in the name of
speeding up things.)