[R6RS] revised Unicode SRFI

Matthew Flatt mflatt at cs.utah.edu
Tue Mar 28 21:15:13 EST 2006

The latest draft is in SVN, and temporarily here:

See the "Revision History" for pointers to the changes.

On the question of support for just ASCII, I added a paragraph to the
"Rationale" section. It explains why an implementation restriction to
ASCII is probably reasonable, but stops short of endorsing it. Opinions
on this approach?

On the question of what characters to allow in symbols, it turns out
that I've mostly followed the first three paragraphs of

except that I left Cf as allowed. (No new ASCII characters are allowed,
compared to R5RS.) I'm not sure whether this is the sort of thing that
everyone has in mind, though.