[R6RS] Semantics of `raise'

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Mar 6 14:23:29 EST 2006

William D Clinger <will at ccs.neu.edu> writes:

> The raise-continuable procedure is dangerous in the sense that it
> can be used to write an infinite loop that repeatedly raises a
> &tried-to-continue-from-a-non-continuable-exception exception [...]

There's a mismatch here, or I'm not understanding.  Do you mean that
the `raise-continuable' procedure is dangerous in the sense that it
can be used to write an infinite loop that repeatedly raises an
exception from the exception handler?  If so, what's the rationale for
having `raise-continuable' depart from the behavior of `raise' with
respect to the dynamic environment?