[R6RS] Core/library questions

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Tue Jun 27 05:32:27 EDT 2006

If we have time on the call today, I'd like to briefly get editor
reactions to the following questions (responses in email are fine too,
of course):

* Should the eof-object constructor and eof-object? predicate be in the
core, or one of the I/O libraries?

* Should predicates such as exact?, inexact?, flonum? and fixnum? be
moved to the core, out of libraries such as arithmetic-exact etc.?

* Should 'when', 'unless', and 'case-lambda' get their own library (as
we originally voted), and if so, does anything else belong in the same
library (such as 'do')?  Note that this library could be included as
part of either the 'r6rs' or 'r6rs-big' compound libraries, so can still
be obtained without having to specify a separate library when importing.

* Should generic arithmetic have its own library (as currently listed in
the core/library proposal), or should it be in the core?

Anton