[R6RS] Safe/unsafe mode

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Fri Jul 14 07:49:16 EDT 2006

Kent wrote:
> Somewhere we got derailed.

You have been setting the direction of this conversation,
which I would cite as a counter-example to the idea that
quick turn-around on email conversations generates more
progress than quiet, careful development, elaboration,
elucidation, and criticism of written proposals.

> > Are you claiming
> > that this particular transformation would be legal
> > under your preferred semantics?
>
> No.

Ah.

As for the example you then work out, I remark (again!)
that it omits the critical aspect of your semantics:
the implicit, non-hygienic rebinding of identifiers at
declaration points.