[R6RS] my notes on today's conference call (11 July 2006)

William D Clinger will at ccs.neu.edu
Tue Jul 11 14:07:33 EDT 2006

Conference call July 11 2006 12:45pm
All present by about 12:49pm:
Kent, Matthew, Mike, Will, Anton

0. finalize agenda (1 minute)

1. action items from 7/04/2006 (5 minutes)
   - review safe/unsafe mode draft before 7/11 meeting (All)
   - update hash table draft---see 7/04 minutes (Will)
        done
   - carried over:
     - update library srfi (Matthew and Kent)
        notes sent out this morning
     - update reference implementation for arithmetic SRFI (Will)
        updated except for two new minor changes
     - complete unicode reference implementation (Will)
        no progress
     - comment on core/library split (All)

2. meeting times
   - next week
        Thursday, 20 July, 2pm EDT (one week only, then we revert)
        Tuesday, 25 July, we're back to 12:45pm
   - after august 15
        Matthew will be in a Chinese time zone

3. error and violation (5 minutes)
   - see https://r6rs.scheming.org/node/256#comment-1381
        Will moved we accept that note modulo minor changes
            (e.g. name of the values field)
        Anton seconded
        passed by acclamation

4. multiple return values (10 minutes)
   - final vote on options
        tabled

5. hash tables (10 minutes)
   - see updated hash table draft
        hash-table-fold, hash-table-for-each
            what if they mutate the table?
                raise an exception?
                unspecified behavior?
                behave as though a copy were made at the beginning?
        Mike moved that mutators raise an exception if
            a hash-table-fold or hash-table-for-each is in
            progress
        Motion failed for lack of a second
        Anton moved to accept the draft as is
        Mike seconded
        Motion withdrawn by request of Kent
        tabled for further email discussion of issues, e.g.
            possible elimination of hash-table-update!

6. eval/environment (5 minutes)
   - see committed eval/environment draft
        Mike moved we accept the draft
        Kent seconded
        passed unanimously

7. library syntax and library/transformer phases
   - see https://r6rs.scheming.org/node/307
   - see https://r6rs.scheming.org/node/303
        tabled pending illumination of dark corners

8. simplified condition type hierarchy (10 minutes)
    not discussed for lack of time

9. I/O (10 minutes)
    not discussed for lack of time

10. adjourned about 2pm