[R6RS] Scripts

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Jul 11 12:39:11 EDT 2006

dyb at cs.indiana.edu writes:

>> <script prelude> --> #!/usr/bin/env scheme <line break> #!r6rs
>
> I prefer the following:
>
>   <script prelude> --> #!/usr/bin/env scheme-script <line break> #!r6rs

Sure.

> I prefer the following:
>
>   <library form> can define any library it pleases, with or without
>   exports, and the library is executed as usual.  The following procedure
>   is provided in a script library:
>
>   (command-line) => nonempty list of strings representing the command
>                     line; first is the executable name, remainder are
>                     command-line arguments

No.  There was extensive discussion about essentially this issue on
the SRFI list.  The advantage of the approach advocated by the SRFI is
that the script doesn't have to run when it's loaded, but, for example
can be tested easily in an interactive environment.

(I don't mind not tying down the name of the script library.)