[R6RS] my notes on today's conference call (22 feb 2006)
William D Clinger
will at ccs.neu.edu
Wed Feb 22 13:49:37 EST 2006
Conference call 12:48pm 22 Feb 2006.
0. finalize agenda (1 minute)
1. action items from 1/15/2006 (5 minutes)
- update draft status report (Kent)
- post note re: van Tonder syntax-case differences (Matthew)
- read exception, byte-vector, and I/O SRFIs (Anton, Kent, Matthew, Will)
- draft hash-table proposal (Anton, Will)
- draft syntax-case SRFI (Kent)
all of these continued to another time
2. status report discussion (5 minutes)
- omit principles?
concerns expressed about second and fourth of the R6RS principles
- any more issues?
- send to steering committee?
today or tomorrow
3. form of semantics in r6rs (3 minutes)
two major options:
update the R5RS denotational semantics
dynamic-wind, dynamic environment
ask Robby Findler and Jacob Matthews to provide one
general sentiment favors small-step operational semantics
Anton has an executable version of the denotational semantics
action item: Mike will contact Findler and Matthews
- guiding principles
agreement on R5RS principles
concerns about wording of R6RS principle 2
reorder by moving principle 3 (libraries) to top
- specific requirements
will systems have to support all Unicode characters?
not yet decided
we will specify conditions thrown by standard procedures,
but that will not be listed as a requirement
next week meet again
action item: issues paper on safe/unsafe mode
More information about the R6RS