[R6RS] Case-sensitivity

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Sun Feb 19 20:57:35 EST 2006

William D Clinger wrote:
> Then I remembered the straw poll we took at the Scheme
> workshop in September 2004.  The vote was 22-3 in favor
> of case-sensitivity.  I think we can list that as the
> rationale for case-sensitivity.

Along similar lines, it's worth noting that at least 10 well-known
Schemes are case-sensitive by default: Bigloo, Chicken, Gambit, Gauche,
Guile, JScheme, Kawa, PLT, rscheme, scsh.  At least two others, Chez and
SISC, allow case-sensitivity to be specified as an option.

Given this situation, what would it mean for the R6RS to specify

For me, this is another reason that simply sticking to pure
case-insensitivity would be questionable, despite my personal preference
for that mode.