[R6RS] appendices

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Wed Dec 20 10:13:14 EST 2006

Mike wrote:
> Is the appendix supposed to be a part of one of the main document, or
> a separate document?  I'm thinking a separate document would probably
> be preferable, as it may touch upon issues mentioned in the Libraries
> document, but would sit awkwardly as *its* appendix.

I assume the current appendices belong as part of the first two
documents (e.g. A and B, at least, should go in the first document)?

If so, then perhaps a third document could be called something that
means "R6RS: Non-Normative Recommendations", and be composed mostly of
ordinary chapters/sections rather than appendices.  I vaguely
anticipated this in response 51, saying "...or other auxiliary location."

Anton

P.S. Douglas Adams might have suggested that we put the appendix on
display on the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused
lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of the Non-Normative
Leopard"...