[R6RS] comment #46 (LF should not be the only line separator)

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Dec 15 14:02:53 EST 2006

William D Clinger <will at ccs.neu.edu> writes:

> To me, the really interesting thing about comment #46
> is that <intra-line whitespace> appears to be a useless
> nonterminal: it does not seem to appear on the right
> hand side of any production in the grammar!

Good point.

Just a historical note: It used to appear in section 3.2.6, but our
response to ticket #9 elided it.  It should have appeared in the
grammar of the 5.91 draft, but got omitted due to an editorial error
on my part.

I believe (will try, anyway) sorting it all out will do a better job
of explaining things automatically.