[R6RS] Case-sensitivity response: proposed addition

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Wed Dec 6 03:01:51 EST 2006

For formal comment #107, "Scheme should not be changed to be
case-sensitive", I propose appending the following paragraph to the
response:

"However, to accomodate those who rely on case-insensitivity, the report
will allow the case sensitivity of expressions to be specified in the
read syntax.  The lexemes #!cs and #!ci will be used as prefixes to mark
expressions containing symbols which should be treated as case-sensitive
or case-insensitive, respectively."

I'm assuming that case-sensitivity will still be the default, reflecting
the perceived community preference.  Other choices are possible, of course.

Anton