[R6RS] "Miscellaneous libraries"

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Aug 30 06:44:41 EDT 2006

For a while now, I haven't been able to come up with a good place to
put "small libraries" such as when/unless.  Presently, there's a
"Miscellaneous libraries" chapter, with no clear rationale as to
what's in there and what's not.  I don't want to give when/unless its
own chapter.  (Maybe that's irrational.  Somebody want to argue I
should consider it?)

My current best approach is to do the same as the checkout counter at
the supermarket: less than 10 items, you go "miscellaneous", more than
10, you get your own chapter.  This puts the following in the
"miscellaneous" category:

when/unless
case-lambda
promises
R5RS compat
command-line access
eval

It gives a separate chapters to:

bytes
hash tables
enums
unicode

I'd also give "mutable pairs" its own chapters so it's clearly
separated from the rest.

If you object, let me know soon.