[R6RS] Document endgame

Michael Sperber sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Aug 24 10:20:29 EDT 2006

Here are some open issues wrt the document:

- I'll get cracking on writing up the Ports I/O next.

- Need to clarify the argument-type conventions and what wording
  implies &contract exceptions.  Currently "must be" usually implies
  "if it isn't, you will get hit by a &contract exception".  Some of
  you (Matthew, Will, Anton specifically) have made suggestions that I
  haven't completely acted on yet; I haven't forgotten.

- The chapters on syntax-case and libraries haven't been integrated
  yet.  Kent, could you clarify what work you're still going to do on
  them, and by when?  Could you help with the description of
  `syntax-rules'?

- The "ledge": Will, could you give a rough summary on what you think
  it would look like?

- I need to write up scripts.

- Is there any coherent description of "convenience I/O" somewhere?
  Is it the identical to the set of I/O procedures provided with the
  R5RS compatibility library?

- Does the R5RS compatibility library consist of "all of R5RS" (minus
  what we're not going to include), or just what we zapped of R5RS?

- The semantics pretty definitely won't be in the September 1 draft,
  but I'll work it out with Robby in the near future.

- There's still a bunch of FIXMEs.